Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Ohhh, McDonalds

So I went to McDonalds yesterday on a break during my eight hour cleaning day. As I was pulling into a parking spot at approx 3 PM, I began to think. "Oh gosh, I haven't really spent time with the Lord today. Dang. I feel bad. He's upset." But then I realized - I've been working hard all day and I'm really excited to sit for over an hour and spend time with Him. And that's when it hit me ... He is right here, ready to give me peace, rest and joy in His presence. He is pleased that I am working hard and trying to give love and grace to people. And He is here - in humility and grace and love and majesty - ready to receive me. And I tear'ed up in thankfulness for His love and grace to me. How beautiful He is. And I saw His beauty all around me in McDonalds. Two girls happily spending time with a third that had down syndrome. An elderly husband and wife sharing fast food together. A grandmother telling an animated story to her grandson. How beautiful grace and mercy overflowing from love is. It is possible in this life because He showed them first.

No comments: