Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Unseen, but not Unfelt

If I couldn't see God, nor could I feel Him, wouldn't it make me crazy to believe God existed?

If you want to get technical, I can see the evidence of God everyday. Love. Wisdom. Mercy. Forgiveness. Joy. I can also see the evidence of evil. Hatred. Injustice. Racism. Pride. The existence of an evil enemy begs the existence of a good God. Creation and all its wonder incites a Creator.

But I have never laid my eyes on God.

There's also the fact that Jesus came to this earth claiming to be God's Son. He performed many miracles during his life. Some people say He rose from the dead. Those people continued to say it, performed many miracles in Jesus' name, and were faithful in saying it even unto death.

I never met him, though.

But I have felt Him. I feel His love. No one can deny me that. You can choose not believe what the Bible says about God and Jesus, but I have felt it. I feel His presence, His love, His truth, His pursuit of me.


1 Peter 1:8-9 "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and though you do not see him now, you are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your soul."


PS. Since it's Easter week, check out the people's lives who were radically changed after they claimed to see Jesus raise from the dead. It's in Acts, among other writings not in the Bible.

No comments: